Sunday, February 8, 2009

I love electricity. I really do.

I spoke too soon in my previous post. Later that afternoon we ended up with no electricity for 5 days and a messed up phone even now. I can't complain too much because I still have relatives with no electricity. I can't even imagine what some people are going through. We had my mom and dad's house to go to for heat. They have two woodburning stoves they use in emergencies. Dad and Ed set it all up and had the house toasty within a day. We are so grateful that our homes were not destroyed by the pretty but deadly ice laden trees. I'll go down the road and take some pictures of the trees and what it all looks like now. Not pretty. Well, today it is in the upper 60s and I'm loving every minute of it! Come on Spring....but not the severe thunderstorms..okay?

5 comments:

  1. it's amazing how pretty everything looked when it was covered in ice - and what a mess it is now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you now have power!! I am so with you on wanting Spring. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got your power back and happy birthday to John Arlie. I'm still waiting on your address and the measurement of your wrist so I can send out the gift I am making. hope everything is going well

    Chau

    Vero

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy! I am glad you guys are safe! Holy Cow! We love you guys!
    brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooo hooo! :)
    i can finally get on your blog again ♥

    ReplyDelete