Thursday, March 19, 2009

March

March has done a number on us to say the least. March started out with doctor visits for both me and John Arlie.
I kept having irregular heartbeats so I got referred to a cardiologist. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse. In a nutshell, I'm not gonna die but try to convince me of that when I get shortness of breath, tingles, numbness, chest pain and skipping beats. Actually I am coping better now that it's been a month and the heart medicine is starting to work some. Most people that have it don't even know they do because they don't really have many symptoms. I am sad that I am one of the few who have a lot of them but I am grateful it's not life threatening.
John Arlie got strep throat again. But this time he weathered it real well! I am so glad! Tuesday our horse wanted the pretty green grass on the other side of the fence and she tried to jump it. It would have been a success except the fact that she accidentely hit the steel post with the underside by her ribs. It got an artery. It was devastating. Everyone was crying and feeling helpless except for Dad who put pressure on her with a towel and his whole body. Thank you Dad. I called Ed and told him not to speed home (he was at school an hour away) and that a vet was on his way. The vet took care of the atery but said that he isn't sure if she's gonna make it. There was massive blood loss and that is not exaggerating. He said he hopes it looks worse than it really is. We are spoiling her with whatever she wants right now. She's real weak and doesn't want to move. We pray constantly that she isn't hurting and the Lord's will be done. After these trying weeks I have reconized the Lord's hand in helping us get through these things. For that, I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Darlin.... :(
    I might have to go get her some apples!!!

    and

    Poor John... that little fella is a tropper, though. He is headstrong & won't let anything like Strep throat keep him from Going..and Going..and Going :)

    and

    about your heart... girl... like i said before..With a heart as big as yours it's bound to come with some issues :) i mean that in a good way. ♥

    ReplyDelete