If you read Jenn H. "Time Keeps Ticking" blog then you have been tagged. So I did and now I am. So here we goooooo!
1. I love baking. I have since I was a kid and my mom bought me an easy bake oven. I was always a tom boy but when it came to baking and hair I was totally all girl. I loved doing makeovers on people (and barbies) and baking cookies and muffins for my family. Then I would go outside and try to beat my brothers at kick ball or badmitton. A summer never went by without having legs covered in bruises and scabs. But my hair always looked good. Well, most of the time (I forgive you Mom for the bad hair cut and please forgive me Merrianne for telling everyone you did it).
2. I have always fantasized living out West.
3. I love the whole Polly Perfect lifestyle. Cheesy I know. But I'm attracted to it. Always have been, but too lazy or maybe it's that I'm too tired to acheive it all. I try to do the best I can. You know Girl In A Whirl? I'll attach the poem after the 7 facts.
4. I want to become a Master Cake Decorator and own my own Apron buisness in my home. (I'm not seeking outside employment. I love my calling as wife and mother in the home, wouldn't change that "job" for anything in the world!). I'm in the process of making this home cottage industry into a reality. Mom has had her own home business for over 20 years while being able to stay home with us kids and showing us a healthy work ethic. I will forever be grateful for that!
5. I have been hit in the head with a chopping maul when I was little. By accident! I think.
6. I make lists. Lots of lists.
7. I was baptized 3 times in a two month span. I guess Dad wanted to make sure I was for sure baptised! hahaha! Actually the water was freezing and my foot kept coming up. Finally I had enough and started crying. I was eight but a big baby and scared to death of deep water (I wander why that is DAD!!! Remember Kings Way pool??? I forgive you anyway :) They waited a month and when my dad was about to put me under the water an old guy said "Dunk Her!!" real loud and Dad did. And it worked. I was finally baptized! For the longest time, I wasn't crazy about the old Fart who said that. I wonder if anyone else in this WORLD has a baptism story similar to mine.
ANYWAYS!!! Here's The Girl In A Whirl.....
The Girl in a Whirl
by Vickie Gunther (at Women's Conference)
Look at me, look at me, look at me now!
You could do what I do
If you only knew how.
I study the scriptures one hour each day;
I bake,
I upholster,
I scrub,
and I pray.
I always keep all the commandments completely;
I speak to my little ones gently and sweetly.
I help in their classrooms!
I sew all they wear!
I drive them to practice!
I cut all their hair!
I memorize names of the General Authorities;
I focus on things to be done by priorities.
I play the piano!
I bless with my talents!
My toilets all sparkle!
My checkbooks all balance!
Each week every child gets a one-on-one date;
I attend all my meetings (on time! Never late!)
I'm taking a class on the teachings of Paul,
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all:
I track my bad habits 'til each is abolished;
Our t-shirts are ironed!
My toenails are polished!
Our family home evenings are always delightful;
The lessons I give are both fun and insightful.
I do genealogy faithfully, too.
It' easy to do all the things that I do!
I rise each day early, refreshed and awake;
I know all the names of each youth in my stake!
I read to my children!
I help all my neighbors!
I bless the community, too, with my labors.
I exercise and I cook menus gourmet;
My visiting teaching is done the first day!
(I also go do it for someone who missed hers.
It's the least I can do for my cherished ward sisters)
I chart resolutions and check off each goal;
I seek each lost lamb on my Primary roll.
I can home-grown produce each summer and fall.
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all:
I write in my journal!
I sing in the choir!
Each day, I write thank yous to those I admire.
My sons were all Eagles when they were fourteen!
My kids get straight A's!
And their bedrooms are clean!
I have a home business to help make some money;
I always look beautifully groomed for my honey.
I go to the temple at least once a week;
I change the car's tires!
I fix the sink's leak!
I grind my own wheat and I bake all our bread;
I have all our meals planned out six months ahead.
I make sure I rotate our two-years' supply;
My shopping for Christmas is done by July!
These things are not hard;
It's good if you do them;
You can if you try!
Just set goals and pursue them!
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
If you plan and work smart, you can do them all, too!
It's easy! she said. . .
and then she dropped dead.
ha ha!
ReplyDeletei remember ALL of those 7 things!!!!!!!!!!!
ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
this is hilarious!
and i totally remember Kinds Way~! dad would just THROW us IN!!!!!!!!
everything totally made me have Flash Backs!!!!!!!!!
and that poem is hilarious! no wonder she Dropped dead!
That poem is very funny!! It was so fun to read your seven things and get to know you more!! I can't wait for the time that I might get the chance to meet you in person, but for now we will just have to rely on blogs!! You are awesome!
ReplyDeletewhat fun facts! i'd never read that poem before; how funny!
ReplyDelete