Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our Divine Role

Definition for lady:
1. a well mannered and considerate woman with high standards of proper behavior.
2.  a.  a woman regarded as proper and virtuous
     b.  a well behaved young girl


I want to try to be more lady like.  The more I see myself or others not acting as a daughter of God should, the more it drives me to better myself and to be a better example to those around me.  I think we need to start a new trend.  A trend that says "you are something"  when you carry attributes like grace, softness, a smile, a cheerful attitude, a friendly word to someone, modesty in attitude and apparel, a helping hand to those who need it.  A female who is just plain nice.  I heard a talk last week that really got me thinking.  He was talking about contemplating what people would say about him after he died.  I thought to myself, I would like for people to remember me as just plain nice.  Right now I think people would remember me as a spastic worry wart who sent herself into a tizzy right into the ground! haha!  I do seem to fret and this year I have made the goal and determination to get past my worries and live with full faith.  Faith and fear cannot dwell in the same place.  So faith is what I'm working on.  Also right along with that goal, I am focusing on putting more good in this world.  Life was made for man to be happy, not for man to find everything that's wrong with it!  I want to be Christlike in everything I do.  I want to touch others the way I've been touched by such wonderful example of Christlike people whom I've been exposed to in my life.  I want it to become second nature. I truly believe we need more women to stand up and be steadfast and immoveable in their divine roles as females. You don't even have to be a wife or mother.  All you have to be is female to have all the blessings that Heavenly Father freely gives His daughters.  I wish more women understood that.  I wish they understood their divine nature and individual worth.  It took me quite some time to truly feel those things about myself (due to low self esteem) but with prayer and understanding, I'm fully aware just how important I (and you too) really am.  We have more strength than I think, most realize. So why not with the words that come out of our mouths be good and uplifting? Why not use our hands to uplift and strengthen our family, friends, neighbors, and strangers.  Just think if all the females in the world united themselves into becoming what they are truly meant to be, the world would be completely transformed. I believe that.  It can start right now with you and me (and a plate of brownies if you like! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your last few sentences remind me of Sister Beck's quote in this month's VT message how she talks about the "collective power" of the women in RS. Even though we're in bumblefun and maybe 10 sisters come to RS in our ward, the society is bigger; bigger than our stake, bigger than our area and mission. It's a world-wide Church and we have the power, the collective power, to do ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. This is the year Miss Potato Head!
    Taking charge of not only our Physical Well Being... but our Spiritual and Mental well being, too!
    This is it.
    No turning back :)

    BTW-- i know i've told you like 3 times already... but i'll tell you again... You did a great job teaching RS yesterday. and on those cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete