Friday, February 10, 2012

Love

I love Valentine's Day!  What a neat holiday to do a little extra to show the ones you love just how special they are in your lives!  I was thinking about how to incorporate the love holiday into our scripture reading.  I decided to print out some scriptures about love and affix them onto hearts. Each night John picks up a heart with a scripture on it and we help him read the verse in the scriptures and then we have a little talk about what it means.  I love how he has his own opinion and insight when we talk about things, not just being robotic .  I love the fact that he knows Jesus loves him and says that he has a Heavenly Father who loves him too.  What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day (month in our house :) than to teach about true love, eternal Christlike love. 

I asked him, "How do you know Jesus is real?"  He said, "I know it because I feel it right here", pointing to his heart.  That touched me.
I love this picture! It's going on my sidebar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment