Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Christmas Eve morning we were eating breakfast at the table when I thought what I heard was thunder. It was so loud and booming that it shook our house. Ed said "That's not thunder. Someone has just wrecked!" He shot up and got dressed while I bolted out the door to see where. It was right in the front of our house! My heart sunk as I saw the wreckage. The truck had hit a tree head on and then proceeded to lose two wheels, not just tires...wheels! There was smoke coming out of the engine and the horn was blaring. I ran to the truck to check on the person inside. I couldn't believe it. She was fine! She is an 80 year old lady who lives 4 houses down from us and all she had was a cut on the top of her wrist. She said that she was going to town to get her hair done and now she can't. She was also fretting about the baking she needed to get done. I told her that it was an absolute miracle that she was alive and she wanted me to take pictures of the truck since she couldn't see and was pinned in. My brother went to pick her husband up at home who looked worse than she did when he got there. He looked like he was about to have a heart attack. I would too if I came up on this scene and my honey was inside it!

It took out about 8 feet of our fencing. Crazy.
Ed doesn't like Dodge but he has a little more respect for them now after seeing how the way this truck was built saved her life.
I'm so glad she was okay.

On a better note.....

Christmas Eve evening we went over to my Grandma's house to open presents.

She's so generous and loving!

She puts up atleast 3 trees each year in her home!
John Arlie really enjoyed the little horse she gave him!

Thursday, Christmas Day, Mom and Dad had a Christmas lunch. Since everyone was "turkeyed out", they ordered BBQ aka: pulled pork. We had a great time! Later on we went over to my sister's house to hang out.

Merrianne, Libby, Anna, Allie, Me and Mom!
Dad!
Nephew, Jacob!

Spencer and Ed!Ed and Mom!
John Arlie!
John Arlie got some fun gifts from family!!
THANK YOU!
Even with all the toys and frills, we still remember the main reason we celebrate Christmas.

JESUS IS THE REAL REASON FOR THIS SEASON.

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that lady is unhurt. Looks like you guys enjoyed a terrific Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was crazy about that wreck.... i am so glad she is ok!

    and

    i love all of the pictures you put on here!!!
    and Little John holding baby Jesus.....

    gooo goooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad your family had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post, well kind of scary w/ the car wreck, but all the other pics were fun. I especially love john arlie holding baby jesus! so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete