I found this awesome idea at Making Memories With Your Kids. She shows you exactly how to do this craft.
Take a can of food with a flip top lid and open it from the bottom with a can opener that leaves edges of the can and the lid smooth. Empty your food into a bowl or whatever and tear off the wrap around the outside. Wash with soap and water and dry thorougly.
Flip can to expose the bottom.
Place chocolates in can up to 3/4 full.
(Yes...I ate one...I know you see the empty wrapper...Don't judge me)
Add filler. This is to protect the candy from the glue. After you put the filler in, glue the rim of the lid to the base of the can. Follow manufacturer's instructions on how to bond it. I had to hold mine tight for a few minutes.
Wrap your decorated paper around the can and glue in the back.
It's ready for gifting!
Imagine their surprise when they open their can of emergency chocolate!
It could also be a good object lesson for church. Visiting Teachers could have a lot of fun ideas with this project.
How about a Can of Love for Valentines Day or for just a pick-me-up to that special someone that has little notes inside of reasons why you love him/her.
that is adorable! I LOVE IT!!!! What a Great Idea!!!!
ReplyDelete(is allie the hand model?) haha!
i love the label you did, too! just looks so cute and perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteMerrianne- Thank you! I found the label at Free Pretty Things For You and yeppers, Allie is the hand model :)
ReplyDelete