Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Improvise

My sister called me yesterday and told me that she couldn't do her cake stand project because it was raining outside and couldn't do the spray painting.  It made me think back to a time when I had to improvise for a birthday party I was hired to do the cupcakes for. 
Here's all you need....

Plates
Parfait Glasses or Candlstick holders
Lay the plate on top of the parfait glass and place your treats on top. 
The End.
You could even place a dinner plate on the bottom and put a parfait glass in the center and top the glass with a salad plate or saucer.  Easy as pie!

3 comments:

  1. hey! thats a good idea! :)

    i'm heading to dollar tree today and since it is still rainy outside, i am going to look for a clear candlestick and a clear plate... or maybe white... and just glue it on there without spraypainting. you know i am always looking for more things to add to my White-on-White shelves in the dining room!
    PLUS...
    I am going to be painting the main bathroom--the one in the hallway-- a light color and the decor is going to be -- guess? yep-- white on white! actually like white, cream, and clear glass.
    I am still trying to decide what color to do the bathroom.
    right now it is burgundy... I am thinking about light purple like Lavendar. or maybe light pink. I even got permission from spencer to do light pink! haha!
    he's a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merrianne- I love white on white! Especially Country White. That's how I'm gonna do my kithen. With little bits of pink because you know I love vintage/retro! Light pink would be awesome in your bathroom. Just think of the fun things you could do with decor! Lavender would be great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... i love white on white, too :) i think i am going to go for that! i am going to the store today to look for a creamy white!!! i am excited about the re-do :) i love your vintage retro look! its so cute!!!
    i'm like all into the little fat vintage birds now too. i dont know what it is... but when i seem them, my heart goes pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete