Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DIY Trifle Dish

We went to a thrift store looking for something vintage for me to craft on and found a huge vintage candle stick holder.  I thought to myself, I can do a really cool cake stand with this sucker!  Then Eddie showed me a nice deep glass bowl.  It didn't take long for me to figure out exactly what I was gonna do with my new found candle stick holder.
 This trifle dish cost me a total of $4.50!
I can't show a picture of the "before" because that night Eddie wanted to surprise me by doing the project himself.  How sweet!
Supplies needed:
Heavy candlestick holder
Trifle bowl or other nifty bowl you could see as a trifle dish
Epoxy glue
  1. Glue the candlestick holder to center bottom of bowl. 
  2. Place something heavy inside for pressure if needed.  I didn't have to do that this time.  It was heavy enough! 
  3. Let sit overnight in garage, outside, or a room with the door shut.  That glue STINKS!  You don't want to be breathing that stuff in for long.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE it!
    it looks even cuter in person, too!!!
    wasn't that nice of him to do that for you!!?!?!

    These men surely do surprise us sometimes dont they :) Who knew Ed would be in to Arts & Crafts! :)

    next thing we know he & spencer will start a knitting club :)

    ReplyDelete