Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have A Dream...

" I have a dream...
I have a dream that one day little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers
I have a dream today."
                                                                                                         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.


Jesus Christ invites all people "to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile" (2 Nephi 26:33).

I like to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. day because he was a just man.  He was truly Christlike.  He was a real Christian who was not afraid or ashamed of knowing and telling others what was right and what was totally wrong.  He was and still is a hero.  Tonight for our Family Home Evening we are discussing how important all people are to Heavenly Father and that we are all His children.  I think it is so important for children to grow and learn how to be open to all people of all races.  Prejudice has such a horrible effect on society. I hope I can teach my son how to love everyone regardless of race.

3 comments:

  1. this is the best Martin Luther King jr post ever.
    PERFECT!
    i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merrianne- Thanks! You're sweet! Yeah, those people who say and look at Spencer so rudely are just pure ignorant. Actually there is a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr., that says
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
    It's one of my favorite quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is an awesome quote! i love it!

    ReplyDelete